The days are longer, and the temperatures are milder. Suddenly we feel like spending more time outdoors, and for this, it is not necessary to leave the house. If we are lucky enough to have outdoor areas at home, it is time to take advantage of them and enhance their attractions.
Do you live in the country and have a big garden? Maybe in an attic with a terrace? Or maybe a private interior deck? Here are some tips that can inspire you when taking advantage of outdoor spaces, depending on their size and characteristics.
For a very large garden
You are in luck. If you chose a house with a large garden, you probably already thought about those pleasant times outdoors, and its possibilities. However, an exterior space of these characteristics also requires maintenance, updating, and high doses of creativity.
– Think about maintenance. If you want to alternate the vegetation areas with some type of pavement, ceramic is your ally. It is an easy-to-care material, while allowing different finishes to be achieved, ranging from cement to wood.
– What if I have a pool? So you must think of a specific surface to avoid slipping. Do you know raised technical floors? They facilitate better drainage and evacuation of water. 20mm flooring is available in collections.
– Differentiate the spaces. You can do everything but in different parts. If you want to relax, create a chill-out area with comfortable sofas, play with children, a sports area; And, when it comes to eating as a family, nothing is more special than a gazebo.
– Long live the vegetation! What is a garden without plants? First of all, think about the climate of your city and the species that will resist it.
What if I only have a balcony?
Be creative! Interior design is about that. With very little, you can achieve a lot.
– Take care of the floors. We have seen that there are specific surfaces to avoid slipping and being maintenance-free and easy to clean. Furthermore, the flooring has a powerful aesthetic effect, capable of bringing freshness to any space, however small it may be.
– Install small furniture. The good idea is to bet on pieces with a double function, such as a stool with storage space. The folding chairs and tables are also interesting, which you can store indoors or in the corner of the balcony.
– The walls are your allies. Be sure to take advantage of the walls, either to hang plants or lanterns. It is about optimizing and making the most of the space we have.
– Generates intimacy. The reduced spaces have the advantage of transmitting seclusion, which you can take advantage of for reading or breakfast in the company. Some tricks to gain privacy are to strategically place plants or install wicker fences.
The good weather has arrived, and with it, the time to fine-tune the outdoor areas. Enjoying sunny days is practically an obligation. How lucky to be able to do it from home.…