Is there a presence of thieves in your sector? Do you feel that your home is insecure? In this note, you will know what to do to avoid robberies at home. Best of all, you can do it just by applying some preventive measures.
Therefore, to avoid robberies at home, it is necessary to follow the following recommendations:
- Close the main door when entering or leaving the property. This will prevent an intruder from sneaking into place amid carelessness. Similarly, someone will be prevented from looking outside if there are valuables on the site.
- Keep the windows closed when you are not at home, since, if they are always open, this can attract the attention of criminals to enter through them.
- Check frequently that the locks and other security seals are applied correctly on doors and windows.
Clear the yard of the house
On many occasions, the deck of the house can serve to place certain objects that attract the gaze of criminals. The clearest example can be seen in the boxes and another packaging of household appliances that have just been purchased.
Some families often leave these wrappers in the garden, not realizing that thieves may associate them with high-value technological objects inside the building.
Likewise, in many decks, other objects accumulate, such as children’s toys, furniture, and waste. These can be used by intruders to lean on them to lower more easily after crossing the perimeter walls or bars of the house.
That is why it is recommended to keep the deck of the house as clean as possible, either main or rear.
Avoid attracting attention in the area
Indiscretion is one of the best allies of criminals, and those responsible for this are the victims themselves. Thus, when a person flaunts his assets, he does nothing but become a potential target for a robbery.
For this reason, high-value objects should be avoided from being visible to anyone inside a house. Thieves often prowl the neighborhoods and look inside the property from the street.
Once criminals have spotted a house where valuables abound, they mark the spot for a future burglary.
Therefore, it is recommended to take the following preventive actions:
- Do not have cash or jewelry in the vicinity of the house.
- Do not transport technology items outside the home without covering or hiding them.
- If you have luxury vehicles, take them to the street only when strictly necessary.
- Do not post that you are going on a trip or that you will be away from home for a long time.
Implement security devices
Today, it is possible that any homeowner can access security devices, which will improve the house’s security conditions. In this sense, the most recommended equipment in homes are these:
Video surveillance cameras are among the most common devices used in homes. Their versatility, discretion, and variety of models make them the favorites of the public.
Also, many of them can be associated with mobile applications that allow real-time monitoring from the user’s smartphone.
In the case of an alarm system, it is responsible for emitting an alert signal when an intrusion occurs in the guarded perimeter. This signal consists of a repetitive and constant sound, in addition to sending a warning to the monitoring center.
Thus, the emergency can be managed easily and in a short time. This device is usually interconnected with security cameras.
The walls that protect the exterior of the home may not be enough to stop criminals. That is why electric fences are responsible for increasing such protection and deterring criminals.
In this way, whoever tries to cross the fence will receive an electric shock that will render him unconscious.
Lastly, it is recommended that any device purchased to prevent home theft be purchased from a trusted supplier and installed by certified technicians.